Thomson Reuters Bangalore-Job Openings For Network EngineerJune 16th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Network Engineer
Experience : 1 – 6 Years
Job Location : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Job Details :
Level 1 Network support engineers are responsible for monitoring all the events, accurate triaging, troubleshooting, escalation and closure of all network incidents and service requests in line with agreed service levels and documented global standards. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing first level support for the Global Thomson Reuters network, in addition to all existing GSOC defined responsibilities. This new position forms part of the GNOC network support team which provides 24x7x365 support therefore shift work will be involved.
Job responsibilities :
- Identifying and creating governance processes for capacity management, aligning with company standards
- Single point of contact within GNOC for all issues/escalations relating Networks.
- Troubleshooting issues related to network critical links for Global supported network
- Inital troubleshooting issues related to owned and managed network and security devices e.g. switches, firewalls, css load o balancers in addition to all the GNOC managed devices
- Inital troubleshooting of all network/firewall Incident reported by Service Desk. As well as working on Service requests.
- Inital troubleshooting issues related to Layer 2/ 3 skills like Switching / Routing / Security / QOS, MPLS Networks.
- Provide escalation support and assistance to Global Change Operations teams.
- Customer service; take ownership and manage all support cases via ticketing systems, provide regular updates to end users/requesters and close tickets within agreed timescales
- Problem escalation, to the L2 team providing network management reports.
- Vendor escalation, chase 3rd party vendors and suppliers for regular updates and escalate where necessary
- providing a copy of the configuration of network/firewall nodes in response to Incident/Service requests
- Coordination of equipment replacement for service restoration
Shift work. (24*7*365)
- Minimum of 12 to 20 months hands on networking support.
- Cisco Certification (CCNA MUST).
- Good understadning on routing and LAN switching with strong Cisco hardware/software experience
- Exposure to cisco Router suite of products (7500/7200, 3800, 3600, 2600.. etc.)
- Exposure to cisco Switch suite of products (6500, 4500, 4900, 3500, 2900.. etc.)
- Working knoaldge on Pix and Checkpoint and LB.
- Good understnading on Routing and V. good Troubleshooting skils.
- Understanding on WAN technologies: DWDM, Frame Relay, ATM, T3, MPLS
- knowledge of Internet and networking technologies.
About company :
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world”s businesses and professionals in Law, Financial Services, Tax & Accounting, Media & News, Healthcare and Scientific Research. With our deep expertise and understanding of these professions, we are able to offer our customers a broad range of innovative products and services. The relevent, insightful information and intuitive supporting systems we provide enable our customers to be successful. Thomson Reuters has operations in 93 countries around the globe.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above