Thomson reuters Bangalore-Network Engineer PositionsFebruary 13th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
About company :
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in 93 countries. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com.
Job Position : Network Engineer
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
Qualification : B.Sc – Computers
Work Place : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Job Responsibilities :
- Identifying and creating governance processes for capacity management, aligning with company standards
- Single point of contact within GNOC for all issues/escalations relating Networks.
- • Troubleshooting issues related to network critical links for Global supported network
- • inital troubleshooting issues related to owned and managed network and security devices e.g. switches, firewalls, css load • balancers in addition to all the GNOC managed devices
- • Inital troubleshooting of all network/firewall Incident reported by Service Desk. As well as working on Service requests.
- • Inital troubleshooting issues related to Layer 2/ 3 skills like Switching / Routing / Security / QOS, MPLS Networks.
- • Provide escalation support and assistance to Global Change Operations teams.
- • Customer service; take ownership and manage all support cases via ticketing systems, provide regular updates to end users/requesters and close tickets within agreed timescales
- • Problem escalation, to the L2 team providing network management reports.
- • Vendor escalation, chase 3rd party vendors and suppliers for regular updates and escalate where necessary
- • providing a copy of the configuration of network/firewall nodes in response to Incident/Service requests
- • Coordination of equipment replacement for service restoration
- • Ensuring configuration compliance with Global standards e.g. standard NMS, IOS etc
- • Working with 2nd team during major outages.
- • Incident manage all the tasks.
- • Validating and establishing company Capacity Management practices
- • Delivers benefit as defined and directed by line manager
- • Implements improvements to practice and client engagements, ensuring performance targets are met in the business area
- • Ensures internal processes match the business needs
- • Interacts with internal groups, assisting in the identification of root causes of problems
- • Assist the Problem Management team to improve the process and address the repeated issues.
- • Demonstrated ability to leads customers during customer conf call & ability to write timelines and technical reports.
- • Focus on process improvement in the support department to increase both efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- • Work with other technical groups to help resolve network and non-network issues.
- Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 12 to 20 months hands on networking support.
- Cisco Certification (CCNA MUST).
- Good understadning on routing and LAN switching with strong Cisco hardware/software experience
- exposure to cisco Router suite of products (7500/7200, 3800, 3600, 2600.. etc.
- Exposure to cisco Switch suite of products (6500, 4500, 4900, 3500, 2900.. etc.)
- working knoaldge on Pix and Checkpoint and LB.
- Good understnading on Routing and V. good Troubleshooting skils.
- Understanding on WAN technologies: DWDM, Frame Relay, ATM, T3, MPLS
- knowledge of Internet and networking technologies.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above