Top 10 Arts Colleges in IndiaJanuary 14th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
1. St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai was establishe1869.
The seats are only 240 in arts and the cut-off is 80-85 per cent only.
2. Presidency College, Kolkata established in the year 1817.
The seats 245 in arts and the cut-off is 70 per cent.
In the year 2006, the college was given autonomous status by West Bengal.
3. Loyola College, Chennai was established in the year 1925.
There are only 712 seats in arts and the cut off remains at 60-80 per cent.
4. LSR College for Women, Delhi was established in the year 1956
The seats are 625 in arts and the cut off is as high as 90% and above.
It has several famous alumini like Aung Sang Su Kyi, and Naina Lal Kidwai,
5. St. Stephen’s College, Delhi that was set up in the year Est: 1881
The Seats are only 250 in arts. The cut-off is at 87-95 per cent. This is one of the only degree college that is recognized as a center of excellence all over the globe. It is known for students who have the right creativity and academic proficiency.
6. St. Xavier’s College in Kolkatta was established in the year 1860.
It has 200 seats: 200 in arts and the cut-off marks are 88%. Cut-off: 88 per cent
7. Presidency College in Chennai was established in the year 1840.
There are more seats as many as 780 in arts when compared to commerce and science. The cut-off is at 70 to 90%.
It has been accredited with four stars by the NAAC.
8. Fergusson College, Pune that was established way back in the year 1885
It has 360 seats in arts. The cut-off is at 70-77 per cent. It offers several unique courses such as a degree in geography.
9. Hans Raj College, Delhi which was set up in the year 1948 and has earned a name for itself.
It has 250 seats in arts and has the cut-off marks of 88-91 per cent. It always has excellent academic performance.
10. Hindu College, Delhi set up in the year 1899.
Seats are 210 in arts. This is the largest number of seats when compared to the other streams of commerce and science. The cut off marks are 69-96.5 per cent.
Every year there are plenty of new courses and innovative combinations introduced in the college. The latest ranges of short courses that have been introduced cover media studies and diction.
Art Courses are the latest rage for the vast number of options that they go on to present students with. A course from any of these ten top arts colleges ensures that the candidate will have the best of job offers in their fields. These colleges are renowned for not only imparting the best possible education but also honing the students skills in all the other spheres as well to help them on a fabulous career path.