Top 10 CAT Preparation Books: Material For CAT ExamJanuary 30th, 2011 Posted by VFreshers
The CAT consists of three main sections and therefore, you need to find out books that address concerns for all of these three sections collectively or individually. You will find that these three main sections which are Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability, and Verbal Ability play an important part in the overall percentile that you are able to secure. There are quite a number of different kinds of books out there but what you need to do is to decide for yourself whether they fit your specifications and are tailor made to be able to go on and address your concerns and propel your strengths to the next level.
The books that have been predominantly used by students for CAT preparation and recommended by CAT trainers are:
1. How to Prepare for Quantitetive Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma
2. How to Prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
3. How to Prepare for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
4. How to prepare for the data interpretation for CAT by TMH Grade B
5. How to prepare for the data interpretation for CAT by ARIHANT PRAKASHAN GRADE B
6. Quantitative Aptitude for CAT from Pearson by Nishit Sinha Grade A
7. English Proficiency IMS India Grade B
8. Mathematics For MBA – R. S. Agarwal
9. Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning – R. S. Agarwal
10. Abhijit Guha’s book:Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit
Besides, these books ensure that you go through NCERT Mathematics books of grades 9 to 12 and the dictionary and thesaurus to check up new words and find out more about the language. Also, if you want to get a good percentile then it is imperative that you read good newspapers every single day and reach out for good motivational management linked books. This will ensure that you will never ever find that you don’t have the right content or words. Also, you will have up to date knowledge on what is happening in the world and be able to read diverse topics at the exam really quick and answer all the questions.
CAT preparation books have been written with two things in mind. One set is for the newbie who is just starting out on their preparation and have plenty of time on hand. The other set of books are for those who don’t have plenty of time of time to prepare. Then, in that case you should look for books that ensure you the knowledge about the right kind of tips, techniques and strategies to get you the right examination methods and mock tests for practice.
All of this will ensure that you are well-prepared for the CAT test perfectly and will be able to ace it. Look for publishers as well besides the names of renowned authors who have proved their skills in the marketplace.