Union Bank Of India November 2010 Recruitment-Clerk Cum Cashier VacanciesNovember 28th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Union Bank of India
(A Government of India Undertaking)
Union Bank of India, a Leading Pan-India Listed Public Sector Bank, with Head Office in Mumbai, invites applications for recruitment to fill in 1640 vacancies in the CLERICAL CADRE
Job Position : Clerk-Cum-Cashier
No of Posts : 1640 in Clerical Cadre in various States of Indi
Age Limit (As on 1st Nov 2010) : 18-28 years
Basic Pay in Time Scale of Rs.7200 – Rs.19300 plus DA, HRA, CCA, Conveyance Allowance, Gratuity, Pension, LFC, Medical Aid, Reimbursement of Hospitalization & other expenses as also various facilities under Staff Welfare Schemes as per Bank’s Rules
A First Class Pass (60% marks in the aggregate) in the Higher Secondary School (HSC) Examination or Standard XII under the 10+2+3 pattern or Standard XI under the 11+3 pattern or Intermediate Examination or Pre-University (PUC)
OR A Pass Class Graduate Degree from a UGC recognised reputed University. (ii) Computer Awareness and Office Automation Course (Computer Basics, DOS, MS Office, Internet & E-Mail) from a Computer Training Institute of a duration of minimum 60 hours.
Probation Period :
The selected candidate will be on Probation for a period of 6 months of active service from the date of his / her joining the Bank.
Method of Selection :
(1) All applicants will be administered a Written Test, without verification of their age or qualification, or category or any other eligibility criteria with relevance to documents, and will be on purely provisionally basis, on the strength of the information provided by them in the On-Line Application. The candidates must, therefore, ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria, has in his / her possession the requisite documents and certificates specified by the Bank, and that the particulars furnished in the On-Line Application are true and correct in all respects. Mere admission to the Written Test and / or Passing the Test and being invited by the Bank for the Personal Interview shall not imply that the Bank has been satisfied beyond doubt about the candidate’s eligibility. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria and who do not produce the photocopies as well as the originals of all the documents required to be submitted and as advised in this notification as well as the Interview Call Letter, for any reason whatsoever, will not be permitted to participate in the Personal Interview even though they may have passed the written examination and have been called for the personal interview.
(2) The short-listing of the candidates for Personal Interview will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in a Written Test spelt out in Para 8 of this Notification.
(3) The candidate shall be required to qualify in each Objective Test spelt out in Para 8(I)(A) of this Notification, as per cut-off marks determined on the basis of Performance in each test, subject to a minimum 40% marks (35% marks for Reserved Category) in the aggregate of 200 marks. They shall also be required to obtain the minimum passing marks
of 50% (45% for SC / ST / OBC / PWD Category) in the Objective Test on ‘Computer Knowledge’ spelt out in Para 8(I)(B). Wrong answers given in the Objective Test will attract Penalty by way of Negative Marks. Mere eligibility / pass in the Written Test shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Personal Interview.
(4) While the status of the ‘Test of English Language’ will be only for ‘qualifying’ and the marks would not be included in the aggregate marks for the purpose of Merit Ranking, the candidate has to necessarily pass the Test scoring the minimum passing marks or else he / she will be deemed to have failed and not qualified for the further selection process.
(5) In the case of ‘Objective Tests’ on Computer Knowledge, of 30 Minutes duration carrying 50 marks each, spelt out in Para 8(I)(B), the minimum qualifying marks will be 50% (45% for Reserved Category of SC / ST / OBC / PWD). The marks obtained in the Objective Tests will be added to the Interview Marks, and any other Test or Group Discussion, if held, for Merit Ranking.
(6) Depending on the number of vacancies, only those candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks stipulated for Written Test and rank sufficiently high in the order of merit based on the total marks scored in the Written Test shall be called for a Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3 for General / Unreserved Candidates and 1:5 in case of candidates belonging to the Reserved Categories. The Bank, however, reserves its right to call for the Interview candidates otherwise than in the above ratio at its sole discretion.
(7) Candidates passing the Written Test and the Personal Interview will be ranked in a descending order on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained in the Written Test, Group Discussion (where conducted) & Personal Interview under the respective SC / ST / OBC / GEN Category.
(8) Subject to the vacancies available under the respective Category, only those candidates who pass both the Written Test as well as the Personal Interview will be short-listed for selection in the order of the Merit Rank obtained by them under the respective Category.
(9) In case it is detected at any stage that the candidate does not satisfy with the conditions stipulated or does not fulfill any of the eligibility criteria, and / or he / she has furnished any incorrect information and / or has suppressed any material information / fact(s) his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings are detected even after appointment, his / her services will be summarily terminated.
(10) Appointment of the short-listed / selected candidate is subject to his / her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank. Such appointment and confirmation in the services of the Bank will also be subject to receiving satisfactory references from respectable referees, police verification of antecedents, caste / class verification, execution of service bond and other compliances.
Application Fees ( Non Refundable) :
(1) Applicants are first required to go to the Bank’s website ‘www.unionbankofindia.co.in’ and on the Home Page open the link “Careers”.
(2) Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled “UNION BANK RECRUITMENT PROJECT – 2010 -CLERK”.
(3) Take a Print of the entire Recruitment Notification, including the ‘RECRUITMENT APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT CHALLAN’.
(4) Fill in the Recruitment Application Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS.
(5) Go to the nearest Union Bank of India Branch with the Application Fee Challan and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee as indicated below :
GEN / OBC : Rs.300.00
(6) Obtain the Applicant’s Counterfoil Copy of the Application Fee Payment Challan duly receipted by the Bank with (a) Branch Name, (b) Branch SOL ID, (c) 7 to 10 Digit TRANS ID, and (4) Date of Deposit filled in by the Branch Official.
(7) You are now ready to Apply On-Line by re-visiting the Recruitment Notification on the Bank’s website and going to the link entitled “ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR UNION BANK CLERICAL RECRUITMENT PROJECT 2010-A to open up the appropriate On-Line Application Form Format.
(8) Carefully fill in the details from the Recruitment Application Fee Payment Challan in the On-Line Application Form at the appropriate place.
(9) A photocopy of the Receipted Application Fee Payment Challan should be attached to the Written Examination Call Letter to be submitted at the time of appearing for the Written Examination, where applicable, and also to the System Generated Printed Application Form, to be submitted only at the time of the Personal Interview.
(10) Steps mentioned at serial nos. (3). (4), (5). (6) & (9) will not be applicable to SC / ST / , Persons With Disability (PWD), Ex-Servicemen candidates as they are exempted from payment of Application Fees.
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES BY ANY OTHER MODE EXCEPT BY THE ABOVE STATED MODE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. INSTRUMENTS LIKE DEMAND DRAFT / BANKERS CHEQUES / INDIAN POSTAL ORDERS RECEIVED TOWARDS PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES WILL NOT BE ENCASHED BY THE BANK AND SUCH INSTRUMENTS IF RECEIVED WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANTS.
AN APPLICATION ONCE MADE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE WITHDRAWN AND THE FEES ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED ON ANY ACCOUNT NOR CAN IT BE HELD IN RESERVE FOR ANY OTHER EXAMINATION OR SELECTION. THEREFORE, BEFORE APPLYING ON-LINE FOR THE POST THE CANDIDATE SHOULD ENSURE THAT HE / SHE FULFILS EACH OF THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND OTHER NORMS, INCLUDING POSSESSING THE REQUISITE DOCUMENTS, AS MENTIONED IN THIS NOTIFICATION.
Important Dates :
Making On – Line Applications after Payment of Fees : 26.11.2010
Last Date For Making On-Line Application & On-Line Submission of Application Form : 16.12.2010
Tentative Date of Written Examination : 06.02.2011
For Full Details Visit : http://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/UserFiles/UBCRP2010clericalR.pdf