Unix systems Admin Openings in Bangalore-NetAppMarch 6th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Unix Systems Administrator
Name of the Organisation : NetApp
Experience: 0 – 2 Years
Work Place : Bengaluru/Bangalore
Qualification : B.Sc
- Good oral and written communication skills; including documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team of other Storage Systems Administrators to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts ‘on the job’ and document the same for the long term benefit of the team.
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to Systems management.
- Ability to work a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule.
Job Responsibilities :
- Perform routine monitoring and maintenance tasks under the direct supervision of a more experienced UNIX Administrator.
Update process documentation and team websites as required.
Gather metrics for detailed analysis by team members.
Manage Unix team ticket pool and begin basic troubleshooting of customer issues.
Work in shifts to provide 24/7365 coverage
Participate in a 24×7 on-call duty rotation.
Communicate with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding Unix Systems administration issues.
Manage equipment tracking (e.g. racking, decommissioning, etc.).
Perform off-hour change controls.
This individual interacts primarily with their direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects, and may communicate with employees in other functions as required.
Regular and detailed direction is provided, as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.