Unix Systems administrator vacancies Bangalore-Network ApplianceFebruary 10th, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Unix Systems Administrator
Name of the Organisation : Network Appliance
Experience: 0 – 2 Years
Work place : Bengaluru/Bangalore
- Good oral and written communication skills; including documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team of other Storage Systems Administrators to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts ‘on the job’ and document the same for the long term benefit of the team.
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to Systems management.
- Ability to work a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule.
Job responsibility :
- As a Unix Systems Administrator you will work as part of a highly technical team of professionals who support the day-to-day management and operations of NetApp’s Unix Systems. To be successful you will need a strong technical orientation; be a creative problem solver; be motivated to advance in the field; and work well in a team-oriented environment. You will have the opportunity in this entry-level position to build your technical and team participation skills while contributing positively to department goals and objectives. In this role, you would also have the opportunity of diversifying into different technologies, namely networking, virtualization, storage.
- Perform routine monitoring and maintenance tasks under the direct supervision of a more experienced UNIX Administrator.
Update process documentation and team websites as required.
Gather metrics for detailed analysis by team members.
Manage Unix team ticket pool and begin basic troubleshooting of customer issues.
Participate in a 24×7 on-call duty rotation.
Communicate with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding Unix Systems administration issues.
Manage equipment tracking (e.g. racking, decommissioning, etc.).
Perform off-hour change controls.
About company :
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that help accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Our dedication to principles of simplicity, innovation, and customer success has made us one of the fastest-growing storage and data management providers today.
We bring together the industry’s best partners and technology to deliver services that help you maximize what you are getting from your infrastructure. Our collaborative approach, working as one team with one goal, means that you get a solution that is just right for you—on time and on budget. To support your global business, we provide highly-responsive support in local languages. From London to Austin, from Bangalore to Tokyo, we’ll work with you to solve your problems and help you reach your goals.
Apply : If you have registered your CV with Naukri.com CLICK HERE to apply
OR CLICK HERE TO POST YOUR CV AT NAUKRI.COM and then apply above