Vizag Steel Jobs 2010-Management Trainee (Technical) VacanciesApril 21st, 2010 Posted by VFreshers
Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (Vizag Steel)
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited
(A Government of India Entrerprise)Visakhapatnam – 530031
Employment Notification No 02/2010
Job Details :
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Umited, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (Vizag Steel), is a prestigious “Mini Ratna” PSU under the Ministry of Steel. Vizag Steel invites bright, energetic and talented youth to join as Management Trainees for a challenging career with excellent growth opportunities.
Job Position : Management Trainee (Technical)
No of Posts: 195
(UR-125, SC-21, ST-5, OBC-44) (PWD-2)
(Metallurgy-70, Mechanical-60, Electrical-30, Chemical-15, Civil-6, Electronics-6, Ceramics-5, Instrumentation-3)
Educational Qualification :
Full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in the disciplines of Metallurgy/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Chemical/ Civil/ Electronics/ Ceramics/ Instrumentation with minimum 60% of marks in the aggregate of all years / semesters (50% in aggregate for SC/ST candidates).
Final year students:
Candidates appearing for their Final Year examination and expecting their results by 30th June, 2010 can also apply subject to passing the qualifying degree with specified percentage of marks at the time of interview. Candidates failing to produce the Provisional Certificate and Marks Sheet in original at the time of
interview shall not be considered.
Born not earlier than April 1, 1985. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC(non-creamy layer) and 10 years for PWD candidates.
Those domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 1/1/80 to 31/12/89 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
Process of Selection :
The selection process will consist of Two stage Written Test (Preliminary and Final) followed by Interview.
• Based on performance in the preliminary written test that will comprise General Awareness, Mental Ability, General English, Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning and basics of engineering etc, candidates will be called
for final written test.
• Eligible registered candidates will have to appear for preliminary written test at designated centre at their own expense.
• Preliminary written test will be held simultaneously at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai. Candidates are required to choose one of these cities as Test Centre and no change under
any circumstances will be allowed subsequently. Company however reserves the right to add/delete any centre and allocate appropriate centre to the candidate at its discretion.
• Final written test will be held at Visakhapatnam.
• Final written test shall comprise separate papers for each discipline over and above one paper on Aptitude and knowledge in English.
• Marks for the final written test shall only be considered alongwith marks of subsequent interviews for preparing final selection list.
• In the written tests, there will be negative marking for wrong answers.
• Likely date for Preliminary written test is 20th June, 2010 (Sunday).
• Date of Final written test will be intimated later
Candidates selected as Management Trainee(Technical) will be taken in two batches and placed on training for one year.
Selected candidates will be offered a basic pay of Rs. 20600/- p.m. in the scale of Rs.20600-3%-46500 (E-1) with approximate cost to company(CTC) of around Rs. 6.5 lakhs per annum. On successful completion of training, they will be designated as Junior Managers in the same scale of pay.
The post carries benefits of Industrial Dearness Allowance, Company House / HRA, Free Medical Benefits, perks comprising LTC, Conveyance Allowance, etc., Performance related pay and a superannuation package consisting of Gratuity, Contributory Provident Fund, contribution to Superannuation Benefit Fund etc.
Application Fees :
- Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred) only. SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from this payment.
- Application fees must be deposited in “RINL/VSP Power Jyothi Current Account No. 30589461220” at any of the core banking branches of State Bank of India in the prescribed Challan. No other form of payment is accepted.
- Format of Challan is available in the website www.vizagsteel.com on the link “Recruitment”.
- Candidates have to pay bank commission @Rs.25/- per Challan for depositing fees at other than SBI, Steel Plant Branch, Visakhapatnam
- The candidate is required to enter in the appropriate cells on the online application form the details of SBI branch, code, City, date of deposit and the Journal Number.
- On-line registration cannot be done without deposit of application fees and obtaining Journal Number from the bank.
- Application Fees can be deposited upto 10-5-2010.
- Application fees once deposited into Company’s account will not be refunded under any circumstances, even if the candidate is unable to apply on-line due to his/her own problems or due to being ineligible at
the time of applying or on-line application is not accepted or due to internet failure or due to postal delay/loss. Therefore, before depositing the fee amount the candidates should ensure that they meet the
- Candidates should submit original counterfoil of the Challan (VSP copy) along with his/her Computer Generated Registration slip through online.
- The candidate should retain his/her original counterfoil of the Challan (Candidate’s copy) for future reference.
Submission of Application :
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online only through
VSP websitApplication Fee : Rs.500/- to be deposited in any of the Core Banking branches of State Bank of India (SBI) in the RINL/ VSP Power Jyoti Current Account No. 30589461220 through prescribed challan.
Important Dates :
1. Starting Date of Online Registration : 24/04/2010
2. Closing Date of Online Registration : 10/05/2010
3. Last date for receipt of online Registration slip : 17/05/2010
4. Date of Written Exam : 20/06/2010
For Full Details Click : http://www.vizagsteel.com/code/tenders/viewjobads.asp