Wipro Infotech Recruits Network Operator Fresher Jobs 2012 in GangtokMay 11th, 2012 Posted by VFreshers
Job Position : Network Operator (Field Engineer)
Name of the Company : Wipro Infotech
Job Location : Gangtok
Experience: 0 to 2 yrs
Job Duties :
- To provide second Level Support for all the End user Problems and also coordinate and support the Data Center Support Team for any LAN Activity.
- Coordinate with the hardware support team for all Replacements and Repairs.
- Update the Service Desk team either through phone or mail or online updation for the status of the ticket that they are handling.
- Front end escalations from end users and notify the service delivery head on any operational escalations and complaints
- Constantly update the knowledge base on known issues within CUSTOMER Environment so that they can use it for subsequent tickets
- Pro-active checks and preventive maintenance activities on the desktops and printers to avoid repeat & known issues
- Does random audit on the anti-virus status on the desktops and take necessary corrective action
- Assists CUSTOMER in movement of the assets from one location to another
- Install new desktops / software / hardware and peripherals and also assist in disposal of the same. Perform Shutdown and subsequent start-up of the Applications, Databases and the underlying Servers in a structured way. Perform SOD & EOD activities.
- Ensure all the backups and restorations as per the schedule.
- Follow daily application checklists and services for respective servers.
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E. – Computers, Electrical, Electronics/Telecomunication, Diploma – Computers, Electrical, Electronics/Telecomunication, B.Sc – Computers, Electronics, M.Tech – Computers, Electrical, Electronics/Telecomunication
- Experience in handling Desktop and laptops of the models available at customer location
- Modems, L2 circuits,Lease line maintenance,LAN, field level troubleshooting
- Experience in handling datacenter operations Good Customer handling skills First Level Exposure to the technologies
- B. Sc/BCA?BE/BTech/ or higher or Diploma (3 Years) in Computers/ Electronics
- Knowledge of application/database operations and administration activities Execute queries to generate reports
Details of the Company:
Wipro Infotech is the IT Services, Solutions & Products division of the Wipro Limited. For the year ended March 31, 2008, Wipro Infotech recorded Revenues of Rs 37.46 billion, representing a growth of 51% YoY. PBIT grew by 46% YoY to Rs 3.12 billion. Services business contributed 33 % to total Revenues and grew by 47% YoY. With over two decades of experience, Wipro has stamped its presence on the Indian market and leads the Indian IT industry. Headquartered at Bangalore, our business spans India, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. By collaborating with Wipro, organizations garner the power of tried and tested frameworks, strong domain knowledge, a large pool of certified technology specialists and best of breed alliances. We bring to market tailor-made, industry specific solutions that help meet your business challenges while increasing operational efficiency. We have leveraged our two-decade old expertise and experience in meeting the IT needs of enterprises that enables us to offer comprehensive IT solutions that encompass best-of-breed products, best-practice IT services and best-in-class enterprise solutions. We help architect, implement and manage the entire IT lifecycle of our customers through a complete portfolio of IT Services. Our services are backed by over two decades of experience handling complex integration projects in India and abroad. Multi-platform expertise, extensive reach and tested delivery mechanisms help us deliver reliable, high-quality, cost-effective IT services. Our IT services are crowned by in-depth Consulting Skills that are reinforced by a keen understanding of the key role that technology plays in enabling business. The Consulting portfolio includes Strategic Consulting Services, IT Governance & Optimization Consulting, Process Consulting, Business Continuity and Risk management Consulting.At Wipro, we offer you a work environment that quenches your thirst for knowledge while helping you nurture your career ambitions. You get to traverse a path that is strewn with values, performance, learning, innovation, quality, camaraderie, career growth – all those facets of work life that you cherish the most.
Apply : Email ur cv to firstname.lastname@example.org